Monday, March 7, 2011

Catch Up :)

I've been MIA! I know! And I'm sorry :) So here's what I've been slaving away on while I wasn't blogging. First up, BIG KISSES <3
I was really excited to post these as soon as I made them but I was sending them to a friend and didn't want to ruin the surprise :)
These are actually really easy to make. You basically crush up a ton of Oreos, mix them with cream cheese in the food processor and form them into kisses. Dip them in some chocolate, wrap them up and you're ready to go. This idea is from my favorite blogger, Bakerella!
I LOVE the "Sweet Cakes Bakery" tags. I smiled everytime I looked at them.


Next up, a fashion birthday party I did. Also, my first experience with the airbrush kit I got for my birthday :)

The lettering and decorations matched what was on the invite.
Instead of doing a traditional border, I put sparkly silver pearls at the base. It went well with the silver pearlized letters.
Cupcakes! We had shoes and purses and lipstick! It was little girl heaven!

I made all of the toppers out of fondant. This one was airbrushed shimmery pink and I added a braided fondant handle painted with silver luster dust.
This one makes me giddy! I want red high heels on my birthday cupcakes next year!
Birthday Girl's mom had requested that the adults' cupcakes be plain. Now here at SCB, we don't do plain! So she got these adorable cupcakes with luster dusted sprinkles. They were so cute and shimmery! And the perfect adult compliment to the cake.
Boxed up and ready to go!

NEXT! What I've dubbed, the Garden Party Cupcakes! My cousin Lola and her cousin Sophia had their first birthday party last month! Because babies tend to stick inedible things in their mouths, we went ahead and made their cakes 100% edible. And really, who doesn't want some extra chocolate!
I really wanted this cake to look like it could take flight at any moment! And I think I pulled it off. They kept asking how many butterflies I was going to put on it and I told them, "Picture the movie Up. Only instead of balloons, we're using butterflies." I am really in love with this cake.
Both the butterflies and flowers are completely edible. They're both chocolate with an M&M center for the flowers.
Cute, fun, and girly. I think we nailed it :)

This is such a long post already but I'm so excited over this past weekend's project that I need to include it! This one we are doing in stages though! My cousin had his 18th birthday last Friday and he's into the whole paintballing thing. When I was thinking about what to do for his cake, I figured paintball would be the perfect chance to give the airbrush kit another run! So first I did a rough job of icing the cake. I wanted it to look more like terrain and less like a perfectly iced cake. Then I airbrushed it green.
Now for the camo!!! I just used another shade of green and some black to make the print. I also used the texture on the cake to add to the effect.

This went even better than I thought it would. I almost hated to "paintball" it. But...
I'm glad I did! Cake Boss did a paintball cake awhile back and I wasn't thrilled with it because the paint that is in paintballs doesn't drip like their cake did. During my research (talking to my cousin Josh who doubles as my photographer) I was told that it's because the paint is oil based. Either way, I wanted to make sure mine was realistic. My paintball enthusiasts seemed happy with it so I think it was a success.
I wanted the border to look like a bunch of paintballs lined up. It didn't turn out quite the way I pictured it but I'm still pleased.

So that's my month in a blog post :) I hope it was worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment